1. Reference to previous metal fashions useful to linkage to current 80s nostalgia wave. Inclusion of Adam Lambert hair and HIM-like logo and implies modern relevancy.
2. Ouija Board guitar and Anton LaVey sound clips imply rebellion and evil. Ignores fact that both items available at most shopping malls. Also, smoking now, "bad" again.
3. Note vocals: Screaming mixed with melodic crooning meant to convey "sensitive monster" boyfriend figure. See also Cullen, Edward.
4. Emo lyrics good for justifying low self-esteem. Continues comfort through consumption of product. Endless cycle good for business.
5. Black leather still cool for foreseeable future.
6. Welcoming gestures by non-threatening effeminate singer invites acceptance, further consumption.
Using checklist and video, we hope you to will have success in mainstream revolution with sub-culture codename: Goth. Long live the glorious revolution.
Mon., July 5, 6:30 p.m., 2010