10 Joan Rivers Quotes to Live By
Joan Rivers offered us many worrds to laugh at and live by.
Underbelly Limited via Wikimedia Commons
Comedian Joan Rivers has died. The 81-year-old performer, writer, and television personality passed away on Thursday, September 4, after suffering complications from throat surgery the week prior.
She will be remembered for her numerous contributions to the entertainment world. From her appearances on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson to hosting her owns shows such as The Late Show, Fashion Police, and decades of stand-up specials, Joan Rivers was not only pop culture icon but a pioneer for Female entertainers
Here are 10 quotes that confirm what many of us already knew: She was a genius, a brassy, ballsy genius.
See also: Joan Rivers Dead at 81
10. "Trust your husband, adore your husband, and get as much as you can in your own name."
9. "The first time I see a jogger smiling, I'll consider it."
8. "I hate euphemisms. 'My Ralphie passed this morning.' No he didn't. He's dead. He's not passing anything. He can't move. That's the whole point, you idiot."
7. "People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made."
6. "I've learned: When you get older, who cares? I don't mince words, I don't hold back. What are you gonna do to me? Fire me? It's been done. Threaten to commit suicide? Done. Take away my show? Done! Not invite to me to the Vanity Fair party? I've never been invited!"
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.