20 Signs It's Fall in Phoenix
Fall, is that you?
Oh hey, fall. We didn't see you there. Mostly because we're in Phoenix, where the signs of you are foretold in footwear, early deployment of soon-to-be-shriveled pumpkins, and the deepest wish to wear heavy coats, despite their being practical only about five days out of the year.
Confused? Join the club — and also keep an eye out for these 20 signs that fall has officially arrived in the Valley of the Sun.
Seasonally appropriate flippies? Check.
20. Neon flip-flops swapped for muted, earthy tones.
19. High of 90? Sweater weather, baby.
18. Forget frying an egg on the sidewalk, now for some sous-vide on the dashboard.
17. Plants still green and/or brown and/or currently dead.
16. Trump burrito demon spotted with PSL.
Bird gang uniforms got got.
15. Enough Arizona Cardinals apparel to clothe a bird-worshiping nation.
14. Time to melt candles with fire instead of simple existence.
13. Feeling that hint of a breath of a whisper of a crisp morning breeze.
12. Still drinking your recommended 12 gallons of water a day.
11. Road trip!
10. Halloween decorations mounted, melting.
9. Sweat mostly subsided, yet pit stains live on.
8. A lightweight beanie for you — and a lightweight beanie for you!
7. Approximately 1,326 festivals happening this Saturday.
6. New excuse for not hiking: Trails are too crowded. Darn.
Go Devils. Go beanies. Go fall.
5. ASU school spirit gesture wildly misinterpreted.
3. Communal suspension of disbelief that Ugg boot interior is dry.
2. Accidentally registered to vote, like, four times.
1. K but is it December yet?
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.