Five Designer Collabs That Should Be on Your Radar
Pamela Love's Lorimer Jacket for J. Crew
From Jason Wu's catty capsule collection to Dita Von Teese's Aussie undies, the promise of fashion and frivolity brings out a giddiness (and competitiveness) over less pricey designer items that we want and things we must have or else.
And with countless collabs on the horizon, we've selected the five most anticipated collections that will be released in coming months. So, mark your calendars. We'll be lined up bright and early, right along with ya.
5. Pamela Love for J. Crew We already gave you the lowdown on Joseph Altuzarra's J. Crew capsule collection (a wearable love letter to timeless Parisian style). Next come the designs from Vogue/CFDA Fashion Fund runner-up Pamela Love, who's three-piece distressed denim and leather line is out Thursday, May 17. In the event that you cannot chance missing out on the jewelry designer's first foray into clothes, give the shop a buzz at 800-261-7422 and you can pre-order your little heart out.
4. Bethany Cosentino for Urban Outfitters Due Tuesday, May 15, Best Coast's fashion-obsessed frontwoman will launch a 12-piece line of Stevie Nicks-esque separates with crop tops, onesies, and shorts (that apparently also were inspired by Clueless and The Craft) through Urbs' in-house label, Urban Renewal.
Although it's Cosentino's first proper line, she did study fashion before breaking out as a musician. But that doesn't mean she's moving away from confessional pop music.
Anna Dello Russo with her bounty of baubles
Courtesy of H&M
3. Rihanna for Armani We'd be lying if we didn't admit to admiring Rihanna for her off-the-wall fashion sense.
Not everyone Virtually no one can get away with her often bizarro outfits (sometimes even she has trouble). And with her second Armani collaboration on the way (apparently due next April) fans can expect a mix of Ri-Ri-approved super-sexy underthings, revealing but casual streetwear, and some oversize accessories.
2. Nicole Richie for Macy's Should this pick surprise, first rid your mind of The Simple Life or any Paris Hilton-shaped residue tarnishing your image of Richie. Fact is the diminutive daughter of Lionel has a knack for fashion, as she's proved by serving on the judges panel of Fashion Star and with her own label, House of Harlow 1960, which grew from a jewelry line to a full-blown clothing brand. Richie's 24- to 30-piece collection of boho-chic clothing will be available in Macy's Impulse department in mid-September.
1. Anna Dello Russo for H&M Vogue Japan's editor-at-large is no stranger to making a splash with her sartorial choices (you've seen pics of the infamous cherry hat, right?), and this fall fashion-for-the-masses retailer H&M will carry her latest design endeavor. Over-the-top and oversize accessories, including shoes, sunglasses, jewelry, and bags, in bold turquoise and flashy gold will hit the shop's shelves and online store on Thursday, October 4. See the adventurous Italian talk about the line ... and her status as a fashion icon below.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.