Five Must-Reserve Spa Week Deals in Phoenix
Flickr via ppacificvancouver
Catching up on trashy gossip mags while a manicurist primps and polishes your nails is pretty damn close to heavenly. Add a mimosa into the mix ('cause, why not?), and there goes the rest of the day. Oh, to relax.
But once you add up the receipts from all those manis, pedis, facials, and massages (and cocktails), it becomes oh-so-apparent that relaxation and beautification come at a premium.
During Spa Week, from October 10 through 16, select Arizona spas offer up deals on everything from body wraps to acupuncture.
Natch, there's a catch. To ensure that you get the treatments you want when you want, booking appointments in advance is recommended.
The All-Star Comedy Explosion
TicketsSat., Apr. 15, 8:00pm
An American in Paris
TicketsTue., Apr. 18, 7:30pm
Rancho Solano Preparatory School: Fiddler on the Roof Jr.
TicketsThu., Apr. 27, 7:00pm
Beauty and the Beast by Ballet Etudes
TicketsSat., Apr. 29, 2:00pm
Thunder From Down Under
TicketsThu., May. 4, 8:00pm
To get ahead of the game, local spas are also offering treatments leading up to the official Spa Week.
See a roundup of current deals leading up to Spa Week after the jump.
Flickr via Nick J Webb
5. In Glendale, Abloom Medspa offers serious skin treatments like acne therapy via radio frequency and warding off wrinkles with Botox. They're running a special on microdermabrasion ($49), a treatment that removes dead skin cells with a diamond-tip wand.
4. Absolutely Chic Day Spa, in Peoria, has a menu of beauty pick-me-ups at reasonable prices all the time. They have a killer deal on a sampler package of treatments ($75) which includes a 90-minute facial, massage and scrub.
3. Carefree's Golden Door Spa at the Boulders Resort is all about making pampering a transformative experience. Arrive stressed and straggly. Leave calm and more together. Its current deals include a 50-minute acupuncture session ($125) with nerve-calming needles.
2. Hotel Valley Ho's VH Spa brings Old Hollywood glamor to Spa Week pre-gamers with an hour-long firm and lift facial ($100), that includes the use of the Scottsdale spot's swanky pool, hot tubs and hotel fitness center.
1. There's serenity in the sprawling space of The Spa at Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale. The open-air spa now has a special on pedicures ($39), restoring dry, desert feet.
Note: as Spa Week nears, resorts and spas will be releasing more details and specials up for last-minute grabs. Stay tuned for more deals.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.