Five Must-See St. Patrick's Day Parties in Phoenix
This Saturday, the traditional Sláintes and Céad Míle Fáiltes will likely fall on deaf and buzzing ears, as your bar-hopping friends and fellow patrons will be more focused on the next round of car bombs and Irish flag shots. (Good luck with that crème de menthe...)
5. Rosie McCaffrey's Rosie's been a traditional St. Patrick's Day favorite for years, and this Saturday, the pub will once again play host to hundreds of revelers looking for a good mix of cultural tradition and good 'ol American drinking. Doors open at 11 a.m. to the tune of food and drink specials, Irish dancing, bagpipers, happy hour from 4 to 7 p.m..
4. Skeptical Chymist Head to North Scottsdale for a block's worth of beer gardens, Irish eats, and live music. Bands include Jim Gregory, The Sea Merchants, The Scones, and the Brazenheads. Doors open at 8 a.m. for Irish Breakfast (black pudding and all). Cover is free before noon, $5 until 3 p.m., and $10 until close.
3. Swizzle Inn If you're planning on a little pre-gaming before heading out to the parties, stop by Swizzle in for 17-cent beers for the first 17 minutes after 5 p.m.. The bar carries the liquid Irish favorites including Tullamore Dew, Jameson's, Swithwicks, and Magners, which will be available for $250 all day.
2. The Rogue Bar The staff at the Rogue know how to throw a good party. Hell, they'll even toss a wiener in your shot. But this Saturday, they're upping the ante on their regular, fetish-themed dance party, Cupcake. "Green and Black" will be the theme of Saturday's throw down, served up with the beverages of your choice. Cover is $8.
1. Robbie Fox's Public House Sixth Street in Tempe will be blocked off for a massive party with DJs, $5 draft beers, bag pipers, and Irish dancers. The shindig's hosted by Robbie Fox's Public House and doors open at 6 a.m.. When you're tired of the dancing leprechauns or game for a stumble down the road, check out Casey Moore's on Ash Avenue for guaranteed shenanigans and more boozy festivities.
Get the Arts and Theater Newsletter
Weekly information keeping you in the know when it comes to the Phoenix art and theater scene. Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events.