Five Slacker-Friendly Solutions to Valentine's Day in Metro Phoenix
If you've been putting off buying mushy gifts and forgot to make a reservation for a romantic restaurant date tomorrow night, don't fret, there's plenty you can plan (even from work!) for Valentine's Day.
5. Grab a Last-Minute Card @ MADE, Bunky, or Frances Forget Walgreens -- these three local boutiques have Valentines in stock for the big day. Cards range from $4 to $8, are handmade by artists around the country, and will beat the hell out of an eCard.
4. Candy Fix @ Smeeks Once work is over, pick up your Valentine on the way home and stop by Smeeks at UNION in the Biltmore to satisfy your chocolate and candy cravings. And don't miss the photobooth, which is open for couples (and singles) who stop by the store.
3. Valentine Films @ FilmBar You're on your own for dinner, but for some post-grub entertainment, check out His Girl Friday, Midnight in Paris, and Horror Remix Horror Remix: Love at FilmBar , 815 North 2nd Street in Phoenix, starting at 6, 8, and 10 p.m. (though you can go earlier, the bar opens at 5 p.m.). Tickets to each are $8. More event details here .
2. Grab Tickets to a Love Show There are plenty of reasons to stay in on Valentine's Day, but if you're looking for a little adventure, the Vagina Monologues will be on stage at Playhouse On The Park. Two events (6 and 9 p.m.) will be held at Playhouse on the Park in downtown Phoenix. Ticket price is $31.50. More info here. And for a quick (and printable) gift for a future night out, grab tickets to SPANK! The Fifty Shades Parody at the Orpheum Theatre on February 27 and 28 and March 1 and 2. Tickets are $31.50 and $41.50 and are on sale now through Ticketmaster.
1. Print Your Valentine Right Now. If you'd rather make your own Valentine but need a little help in the pop-up department, check out these printable cards and directions from Minie Co. They'll score you big points in the effort department.
Get the Arts and Theater Newsletter
Weekly information keeping you in the know when it comes to the Phoenix art and theater scene. Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events.