Every month Kathy Cano-Murillo, a.k.a. The Crafty Chica, dishes crafty tips and tricks in La Vida Crafty on Jackalope Ranch.
I never tire of scrapbook paper. In fact, the crafty OCD in me won't let me part ways with a single sheet. I have a list of ways I use my scrapbook paper in daily life and here is one of my favorites. It's simple, does not use any glue, and is great for giving cards or gifts to friends. Who can resist a pretty, hand-folded envelope?
See also: How to Bleach Custom T-Shirt Designs
Supplies: 1 sheet of 12-by-12-inch scrapbook paper
Seriously, that's all! Well, for sharper creases you could use a bone folder, but it really isn't necessary.
Tip: Practice on a square sheet of cheap paper until you perfect the process so you don't ruin a beautiful piece of scrapbook paper!
1. With the printed side down, fold the sheet diagonally from corner to corner.
2. Turn the sheet so it is like a diamond and fold up the bottom point to meet the center fold.
3. Fold the bottom up again on the crease.
4. Fold the left side over.
5. Fold the right side over.
6. Open the bottom crease on the right flap and press open into a diamond shape.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Fold down the top flap and insert the point into the sleeve of the diamond you just folded.