Still holiday shopping? So are we -- and we've been taking notes. Introducing our series of gift guides for your "easy to figure out, but hard to shop for" friends. Today, Jackalope Ranch's Gift Guide for the Fashion-Obsessed.
Shopping for a shopaholic is a tough game to play -- tougher yet to win. Between trends, sizes, and taste (good, poor, or otherwise) there are plenty of ways to foul up when it comes to gifting fashion. But that won't happen this season, no siree.
See also: - Oprah's Favorite Things 2012: The Wants, The Wishlist-Worthy, and The Whatever Pile - Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection: The Good, The Give-Aways, and The Gimmes - Jackalope Ranch's 2012 Gift Guides
5. For the Knowledge Dropper: Kate: The Kate Moss Book ($85) No fashionable library would be complete without this newly released photo book that chronicles the modeling career of iconic waif Kate Moss. There are eight different covers available, each featuring an image of the supermodel shot by Mert & Marcus, Mario Testino, and Jeurgen Teller, among others. The rub is that they're currently on backorder. The good news is that the helpful folks at Changing Hands can special order a copy of the pictorial just for your stylish pal. Give them a ring at 480-730-0205.
4. For the Jewelry Hound: Navajo Beaded Bracelet ($500) This cobalt beaded bracelet from Navajo jeweler Dominique Tsinnie is available via Native online fashion shop Beyond Buckskin. It's a one-of-a-kind creation of blue, green, white, and black beads in a Peyote stitch pattern that'll add texture and brightness to boho-chic jewelry boxes.
3. For the Diva Who Needs to Unwind: R&R Surplus (prices vary) If she spends her days bound by Spanx and four-inch heels, an outfit for supreme vegging out is the perfect gift. Purveyor of all clothes comfy, R&R Surplus, has just the solution with super-soft hoodies, T-shirts, and leggings. Bonus: They look great, too.
2. For the Vintage Buff: Chanel Clutch ($800) Glam, bam, thank you ma'am. This 1980 red sequin Chanel clutch at Vintage By Misty is a gorgeous find any vintage lover would squeal over. If it's a smidge out of your price range, take a gander at the boutique's Chanel button rings. With price tags less than $100 per bauble, it's high fashion bang for your buck.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. For the Cool Cat/Kitten: Pendleton's The Portland Collection (prices vary) Be still our kint-loving hearts. This year Oregon-based Pendleton Woolen Mills has cranked out a fashion forward Portland Collection that beautifully combines the company's traditional textiles with more modern, youthful cuts. Pieces from the collection are available at GROWop and HUB Clothing. Most items, like the semicircle skirt in autumnal orange or the khaki green Wallowa cardigan pictured above, cost upward of $200.