Jill Johnson's Downtown Is ...
Artist: Jill Johnson
I wanted to showcase how fantastic the Downtown Phoenix area is by highlighting the many elements that make it a truly unique urban environment. Downtown Phoenix is really the perfect confluence of private commercial enterprise, innovative local business endeavors, creative arts, diverse culture, and impassioned community involvement.
This video barely captured all that encompasses Downtown Phoenix, but it hopefully helps to shed light on the elements that make a great place to live, work, play, as well as and motivate others to continue contributing, participating, creating, and shaping what it will be in the future. Downtown Phoenix is YOU.
100:Steven Revering's Westward Ho
99:Jon Ashcroft's Suspended in Geography
97.Jason Hill's Phoenix Financial Center
94. Fausto Fernandez's Grid City
93. Chikara Kakizawa's Ship Out of Water
92: Dayvid LeMmon's Process / Gentrification
89.Arnold Guerrero's Camelback Mountain
88.Sean Deckert's Ginae vs. the 12th Street Gang
87.Pete Petrisko's Admiral of Phoenix
86.Quincy Ross' Lone Skyscraper
85.Andrew Armstrong's Illustrated Cityscape
84.Thomas Schultz's Phoenix Artifact
83.Adrian Lesoing's N. Evergreen
82.Suzanne Falk's Kon Tiki Hotel
81.Lindz Lew's Bon Voyeur
80.Kevin Patterson's Phoenix Swamp Beast
79.Ramy Sidarous' Three Windows
78.Will Mejia's Orpheum Theatre
77.Steve Weiss' Portrait of Louis Lee
76.Larry Willis' Apparition on East McDowell
75.Claire Warden's Untitled No. 3
74.Randy Zucker's Dancing Saguaro
73.Robert Brandan Martinez's Medical Cannabis Tax Stamp
72.Edward Jensen's Phoenix Financial Center
70.Mark Dudlik's Phoenix Rebound
66.Eric Iwersen's The Saguaros Have Been Here the Longest
61. A Military Parade in Phoenix (c. 1888)
58. Brad Armstrong's Phoenix Carnival
57. B. Spiderman's "... And I Never Did Get That Pony Either"
56. Colton Brock's 810 N. 4th St.
55. Melanie and Michelle Craven's Twin Cactus
54. 407 E Roosevelt St.
53. Betty Schlueter's "The Sonoran"
52. Saskia Jorda's "You are Here - Part I: Migration"
51. Tempe's Mill Avenue (c. 1930)
50. Michael and Kemper Goodwin's City Hall
49. Cornelius Keyes' Dust Storm Over Phoenix
48. Melissa McGurgan's Home Suite Home: PHX
47. Fred Tieken's Western Civilization
45. Brian Brook's Phoenix Arm
44. Kristin Heggli's Downtown Architecture
And, hey! It's lunch time. Check out Chow Bella's 100 Favorite Dishes for some foodie inspiration.
Have a suggestion for a Phoenix icon by a local creative? Leave it in the comments section or email Claire.Lawton@newtimes.com
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.