Manifesto No. 3
Continuing Manifestos, a collection of 10(ish) life lessons and rules written by local creatives and illustrated by local designers.
Up today, lessons learned by local writer Deborah Sussman, illustrated below by Anton Anger:
Manifesto by Deborah Sussman, design by Anton Anger
Read Sussman's manifesto below ...
1. Cliches are almost always excellent advice, once you figure out what they actually mean.
2. Art is not a luxury.
3. Everything in moderation, including moderation.
4. Black is the new black. Those who say otherwise are trying to sell you something.
5. Everybody has a story, but not everyone should be a writer.
6. If you're bored, pay attention.
7. Don't buy cheap shoes.
8. Anyone who maintains there's no such thing as the truth probably has something to hide.
9. Respect is essential to true love.
10. In the words of the Staple Singers: If you don't respect yourself, ain't nobody gonna give a good cahoot.-- Deborah Sussman
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.