Manifesto No. 7
Continuing Manifestos, a collection of 10(ish) life lessons and rules written by local creatives and illustrated by local designers.
Up today, lessons learned by local pastor Vermon Pierre, illustrated below by Nicole Stumphauzer:
11. There are things in this world that are absolutely true and right and other things that are absolutely evil and wrong. Search and fight for true and right things.
10. Men need to be everyday fathers to their children as well as fathers to those who have none.
9. Facebook and Twitter are wimpy ways to communicate frustration and anger. Talk to people face to face.
8. Don't ask that girl out or break up with her through a text message.
7. Injustice and suffering in this world won't be overcome by sitting on nice couches, talking and drinking coffee. Act on the needs directly around you.
6. Don't settle for dysfunction and disappointment in your life. Believe that God has made you to enjoy things that will last forever - things like joy, hope, beauty and love.
5. Work hard and do hard things. Don't be lazy and don't complain about having to get your hands dirty.
4. Be willing to endure suffering so that you can alleviate the suffering of others.
3. Obsessively pursuing fame and money is an easy path to emptiness and discontentment.
2. Ethnically, economically, politically, and culturally diverse people eating, laughing, singing, learning and serving together makes for the best type of community.
1. Jesus really did rise from the dead. That means even the ugliest and most broken parts of your life can be remade into something beautiful and new.
About the Creative: Vermon Pierre is a graduate of Princeton University and has a Master of Divinity from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. After Trinity, Vermon served as a pastoral intern at Camelback Bible Church before being called to serve as lead pastor of Roosevelt. Vermon also actively participates in the local community by serving on the board of Roosevelt Row.
Rancho Solano Preparatory School: Fiddler on the Roof Jr.
TicketsThu., Apr. 27, 7:00pm
TicketsFri., Apr. 28, 8:00pm
Beauty and the Beast by Ballet Etudes
TicketsSat., Apr. 29, 2:00pm
Thunder From Down Under
TicketsThu., May. 4, 8:00pm
Chris Rock: Total Blackout Tour 2017
TicketsSat., May. 6, 7:00pm
About the Designer: Nicole Stumphauzer is currently a graphic design student at Arizona State University and an intern at paul howell : design, llc. She says she has a Swiss-based design education and therefore tries to find a balance between grid like design and illustration.
More Manifestos: Manifesto No. 1 (Tom Leveen + Jon Ashcroft) Manifesto No. 2 (Jill Anderson + John Walters) Manifesto No. 3 (Deborah Sussman + Anton Anger) Manifesto No. 4 (James E. Garcia + Casebeer) Manifesto No. 5 (Kim Porter + Peter Storch) Manifesto No. 6 (Jo Novelli + Safwat Saleem)
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.