Comedian Margaret Cho is coming to Dodge Theatre on Saturday, September 18, and she'll be bringing a whole new arsenal of gay jokes, Korean mother imitations, and comedy music.
Cho's latest tour, "CHO DEPENDENT," will feature some songs from her forthcoming album of the same name, which includes collaborations with Tegan & Sara, Ani DiFranco, Andrew Bird, and more.
We're waiting to see if Cho can actually sing, but we know she's damn good at telling jokes. In anticipation of her Phoenix appearance, here's a list of the "Top Five Margaret Cho Jokes" from performances past.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. "And I went through this whole thing, you know. I was like: Am I gay? Am I straight? And I realized I'm just slutty. Where's my parade? What about Slut Pride?"
2. "It's time that African-Americans and Korean Americans put aside their differences and focus on what's really important: hating white people!"
3. "I always wonder why Republicans hate gay marriage, because they certainly don't hate gay prostitutes."
4. "My favorite show of all time has to be Charlie's Angels... My hair was so feathered, that the back of my head looked like a butt."
5. "I look at husbands the same way I look at tattoos. I want one but I can't decide what I want and I don't want to be stuck with one I'm just going to grow to hate and have to have surgically removed later."
Margaret Cho is scheduled to appear at Dodge Theatre on Saturday, September 18. Tickets go on-sale Friday, June 11, at 10 a.m., and cost $28.50 and $45. For more information, visit www.livenation.com.