Nine Must-See Fourth of July Parties in Phoenix (UPDATED)
The skies over the Valley aren't the only place to find some colorful thrills during the Fourth of July holiday. In addition to all the skyrocket shenanigans scheduled for next week, various Independence Day fetes will go down at drinking establishments around Phoenix and Scottsdale in honor of our country's birth.
Get ready to celebrate your constitutional right to get hammered and bump some rump on the dance floor at any of these seven different bar and club events taking place either Tuesday, July 3, or Wednesday, July 4.
The rooftop scene at Bar Smith.
9. Marc's Sports Grill Back-to-back parties will be put on at this West Valley watering hole in honor of the Fourth of July and will include a variety of drink specials and distractions. On Tuesday, free pool is available from 2 to 4 p.m., karaoke hosted by Scuba Steve takes place at 9 p.m., and ladies can enjoy $2.50 domestic beers and you-call-it well cocktails. Meanwhile, Wednesday night will offer hot dogs, $1 off domestic draft beers, Texas Hold'em poker at 7 and 10 p.m., and a pool tournament and karaoke session at 9 p.m. Admission is free.
8. Smashboxx The Summer Camp 2012 party will be staged, offering performances by DJ-R and DJ Circle, as well as contests and giveaways. Expect to see plenty of people busting a move on the furniture inside Smashboxx. Doors open at 9 p.m.
The All-Star Comedy Explosion
TicketsSat., Apr. 15, 8:00pm
An American in Paris
TicketsTue., Apr. 18, 7:30pm
Rancho Solano Preparatory School: Fiddler on the Roof Jr.
TicketsThu., Apr. 27, 7:00pm
Beauty and the Beast by Ballet Etudes
TicketsSat., Apr. 29, 2:00pm
Thunder From Down Under
TicketsThu., May. 4, 8:00pm
7. Clarion Scottsdale The Fourth of July Jump-Off Pool Party on Wednesday will take place at the snazzy Scottsdale hotel and feature appearances by Angela Williams and maybe even some NFL and NBA players. DJ M2 and the Double Bag Divas will provide the soundtracks. Ladies get in free before 2 p.m. and regular admission is $50. Gates open at noon. Call 480-593-6914.
6. Rockbar Inc. The Craftsman Court club will be alive with dancing and drinking as DJ Hemmesphere and Renegade Audio's Michael spin up dubstep and other bass-heavy tracks on Wednesday evening. Two-for-one Skyy cocktails will be served from 8 to 10 p.m. Admission is free.
5. Bar Smith Big booms will be blossoming inside Bar Smith at The Scenario stages a special Fourth of July Bass Music Party on Wednesday the will involve a slew of DJs spinning dubstep and other bombastic jams. In addition to the night's resident DJs, special guests like David Heartbreak, Myrryrs, and Sluggo are scheduled to appear. Stun Sunglasses will also be given away, two-for-one specials and $1 Pabst Blue Ribbon will be served until 11 p.m., while $1 Morgan Black drinks will be poured all evening. Doors open at 9 p.m. Cover charge is $5.
The pool area at The Saguaro Hotel
4. The Saguaro The Scottsdale boutique hotel will feature its mermaid revue in the pool and DJ Switch on the decks during its Independence Day affair on Wednesday. Volleyball and cornhole games will be played, giveaways like t-shirts and sunglasses will be handed out, and specials on Milagro Tequila and $6 Mojito Estancional drinks will also be available. The party runs from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. Admission is $15.
3. Anderson's Fifth Estate Bust out your black clothing or skin-tight pleather ensembles and slap on some pale makeup as longtime Scottsdale dance club Anderson's will feature a night of industrial dance mayhem. Ricky D., Reverend Dale, and the other freaks behind old school goth club Atomic Cafe are getting together for a special one-off edition on Tuesday evening. Guests like AKA and Noiz.Fkr will man the mixers, and free food and giveaways will be available. Patrons can also partake in atomic shot specials and $3 well drinks, wine, and draft beers. Doors open at 9 p.m. Admission is $5.
Pickster One performs at a previous edition of Piñata.
2. The Lost Leaf The Facebook page for the Piñata dance music party that will be taking place at the Fifth Street beer and wine joint on Wednesday promises that one of the titular Mexican paper mache creations will be exploded during the course of the evening, so you might wanna bring some eye protection the candy starts flying around. Besides detonating piñatas, DJs like Pickster One, Erik "Riot Earp" King, and Melo will provide moombahton and tropical bass to get your rump bumping. Giveaways are also planned, including free moombah CDs to the first 50 people through the door. Get lit starting at 9 p.m. No cover.
1. W Scottsdale The second-floor Wet Deck and the ritzy Old Town hotel will be alive with skyrockets, swimming, and sultry beats throughout the day and night on Wednesday. Remix king Morgan Page will headline an afternoon of DJs spinning by the pool and a fireworks show will take place after the sun goes down. Custom and specialty cocktails will be whipped up at either of the W's two poolside bars and special room rates will also be offered. The event starts at noon. Admission is $25.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.