Peter Bugg and William LeGoullon's Embedded
Peter Bugg and William Legoullon
Embedded is a book which examines the floors of gallery/art spaces throughout the city of Phoenix, fusing an interplay of conceptual thought, technology, and linkages between physical place and digital realm. Aspects of space and time are compressed, bringing the here and there of somewhere into provisional view. What happens next, if anything, is up to you, the participating spectator.
94. Fausto Fernandez's Grid City
93. Chikara Kakizawa's Ship Out of Water
92: Dayvid LeMmon's Process / Gentrification
61. A Military Parade in Phoenix (c. 1888)
58. Brad Armstrong's Phoenix Carnival
57. B. Spiderman's "... And I Never Did Get That Pony Either"
56. Colton Brock's 810 N. 4th St.
55. Melanie and Michelle Craven's Twin Cactus
54. 407 E Roosevelt St.
53. Betty Schlueter's "The Sonoran"
52. Saskia Jorda's "You are Here - Part I: Migration"
51. Tempe's Mill Avenue (c. 1930)
50. Michael and Kemper Goodwin's City Hall
49. Cornelius Keyes' Dust Storm Over Phoenix
48. Melissa McGurgan's Home Suite Home: PHX
47. Fred Tieken's Western Civilization
45. Brian Brook's Phoenix Arm
44. Kristin Heggli's Downtown Architecture
And, hey! It's lunch time. Check out Chow Bella's 100 Favorite Dishes for some foodie inspiration.
Have a suggestion for a Phoenix icon by a local creative? Leave it in the comments section or email Claire.Lawton@newtimes.com
Get the Arts and Theater Newsletter
Weekly information keeping you in the know when it comes to the Phoenix art and theater scene. Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events.