Rembrandt Quiballo's Cinematic Panorama
Arist: Rembrandt Quiballo
My image of Phoenix is appropriated from the beginning of the film "Psycho" where the protagonist is shown leaving Phoenix toward her untimely demise. This image belongs to a body of work that composites still shots from films to create panoramas. In doing so, I intend to question conventions of the landscape panorama and ultimately, notions of beauty.
100:Steven Revering's Westward Ho
99:Jon Ashcroft's Suspended in Geography
97.Jason Hill's Phoenix Financial Center
94. Fausto Fernandez's Grid City
93. Chikara Kakizawa's Ship Out of Water
92: Dayvid LeMmon's Process / Gentrification
89.Arnold Guerrero's Camelback Mountain
88.Sean Deckert's Ginae vs. the 12th Street Gang
87.Pete Petrisko's Admiral of Phoenix
86.Quincy Ross' Lone Skyscraper
85.Andrew Armstrong's Illustrated Cityscape
84.Thomas Schultz's Phoenix Artifact
83.Adrian Lesoing's N. Evergreen
82.Suzanne Falk's Kon Tiki Hotel
81.Lindz Lew's Bon Voyeur
80.Kevin Patterson's Phoenix Swamp Beast
79.Ramy Sidarous' Three Windows
78.Will Mejia's Orpheum Theatre
77.Steve Weiss' Portrait of Louis Lee
76.Larry Willis' Apparition on East McDowell
75.Claire Warden's Untitled No. 3
74.Randy Zucker's Dancing Saguaro
73.Robert Brandan Martinez's Medical Cannabis Tax Stamp
72.Edward Jensen's Phoenix Financial Center
70.Mark Dudlik's Phoenix Rebound
66.Eric Iwersen's The Saguaros Have Been Here the Longest
61. A Military Parade in Phoenix (c. 1888)
58. Brad Armstrong's Phoenix Carnival
57. B. Spiderman's "... And I Never Did Get That Pony Either"
56. Colton Brock's 810 N. 4th St.
55. Melanie and Michelle Craven's Twin Cactus
54. 407 E Roosevelt St.
53. Betty Schlueter's "The Sonoran"
52. Saskia Jorda's "You are Here - Part I: Migration"
51. Tempe's Mill Avenue (c. 1930)
50. Michael and Kemper Goodwin's City Hall
49. Cornelius Keyes' Dust Storm Over Phoenix
48. Melissa McGurgan's Home Suite Home: PHX
47. Fred Tieken's Western Civilization
45. Brian Brook's Phoenix Arm
44. Kristin Heggli's Downtown Architecture
43.Jill Johnson's Downtown Is ...
And, hey! It's lunch time. Check outChow Bella's 100 Favorite Dishes
Golden Dragon Acrobats
TicketsSun., Mar. 5, 6:00pm
Frank Ferrante in An Evening with Groucho
TicketsSun., Mar. 12, 3:00pm
TicketsTue., Mar. 14, 7:30pm
The Doo Wop Project
TicketsSat., Mar. 18, 7:30pm
Stormy Weather: The Story of Lena Horne Starring Mary Wilson
TicketsSat., Mar. 25, 7:30pm
for some foodie inspiration.
Have a suggestion for a Phoenix icon by a local creative? Leave it in the comments section or email Claire.Lawton@newtimes.com
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.