Seven Life Lessons Learned from Comedian Phyllis Diller (1917-2012)
Phyllis Diller was an actress and comedian (though she wouldn't admit to the latter) who was known for her quick wit, self deprecation, and signature laugh.
Diller passed away this morning, according to TMZ. She was 95.
The entertainer made a name for herself in the 60s and cracked jokes alongside comedy greats including Bob Hope.
She had her own show, was in films including Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number!, Eight on the Lam, and The Private Navy of Sgt. O'Farrell, and lent her voice to animated movies including Scooby-Doo, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, and Family Guy.
She also left countless bits of advice and priceless one-liners. Here are a few of our favorites:
Rancho Solano Preparatory School: Fiddler on the Roof Jr.
TicketsThu., Apr. 27, 7:00pm
TicketsFri., Apr. 28, 8:00pm
Beauty and the Beast by Ballet Etudes
TicketsSat., Apr. 29, 2:00pm
Thunder From Down Under
TicketsThu., May. 4, 8:00pm
Chris Rock: Total Blackout Tour 2017
TicketsSat., May. 6, 7:00pm
7. "My recipe for dealing with anger and frustration: set the kitchen timer for twenty minutes, cry, rant, and rave, and at the sound of the bell, simmer down and go about business as usual"
6. "Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age -- as your beauty fades, so will his eyesight."
5. "A bachelor is a guy who never made the same mistake once."
4. "Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?"
3. "Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home."
2. "Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight."
1. "Aim high, and you won't shoot your foot off."
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.