Ted Baker Spring/Summer 2012: The Good, The Bad, and The Too Dreamy for Words
Courtesy of Ted Baker
London-based clotherie Ted Baker specializes in simple elegance. This season, the label features strong colors, like reds, yellows, and blues, patent leather accessories, with strong florals and stripes.
With dresses and jumpsuits starting around $200, tops in the $100 range, and accessories $15 and up, the line ranges from fun, trendy pieces to classic standbys.
Shoppers can enter for a chance to win a $500 shopping spree to the Scottsdale Fashion Square shop. To enter, bring in a spring training ticket stub (there's the catch) between now and Wednesday, April 4. A winner will be drawn on Monday, April 9.
Whether you're plotting how to spend that gift card, or you're unwilling to wait for April, here are the good, the bad, and the too-dreamy-for-words pieces from the spring/summer 2012 collection.
1. Ballerina Shift Dress:
We have a little rule, and it goes something like this: Thou shalt not sport any item of clothing if it bares the visage of someone who could be (and probably is) better looking than you. That guideline applies here.
2. Frill Hem Shirt: Yeah. That rule applies here, too.
3. Butterfly Shopper: This insect-printed tote reads more Ren Faire than runway ready.
4. Embellished Silk Dress: Unless you happen to be a Real Housewife of you-name-it, bedazzled cross appliqués are a no-no.
5. Pleated Skirt: Let's leave children's clothing to children, shall we?
We'd like to dream a little dream in these
1. Dandelion Print Dress: This dress reminds us of Stella McCartney's botanical patterns for this season, and we love it. Dusty pink, dandelions, and a black bow tie-back make it perfect for spring garden partying.
2. Butterfly silk scarf: Cover up with this kaleidoscopic critter silky smooth scarf on chilly desert nights.
3. Facet bangle: Bright accessory and confidence-booster in one (the engraving reads, "You are a gem."), this stackable bracelet brings lightness to heavy summer days.
4. Printed notepad: We love a whimsy notebook, and, with its seaside print, we'd fill this one from cover to cover.
5. Bow Flip Flop: If you're like us, you buy at least one new pair of flippers every year. Why not pick ones that are preppy and playful instead of boring black?
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.