Tempe's Mill Avenue (c. 1930)
Flood Control District and Department of Transportation
Medium : black and white aerial photography of Tempe's Mill Avenue , taken in January, 1930.
The countdown to Best of Phoenix continues! Last year, we profiled 100 Creatives who made a mark on the local arts scene. This year, we'll have 100 creative representations of Phoenix. No scope or requirement on medium or size -- we'll include photography, painting, sculpture, video, installation, literary, and more. What do you see when you Imagine PHX?
95: Allison Elliott's Walls of Downtown Phoenix
94. Fausto Fernandez's Grid City
93. Chikara Kakizawa's Ship Out of Water
92: Dayvid LeMmon's Process / Gentrification
61. A Military Parade in Phoenix (c. 1888)
58. Brad Armstrong's Phoenix Carnival
57. B. Spiderman's "... And I Never Did Get That Pony Either"
56. Colton Brock's 810 N. 4th St.
55. Melanie and Michelle Craven's Twin Cactus
54. 407 E Roosevelt St.
53. Betty Schlueter's "The Sonoran"
52. Saskia Jorda's "You are Here - Part I: Migration"
And, hey! It's lunch time. Check out Chow Bella's 100 Favorite Dishes for some foodie inspiration.
Have a suggestion for a Phoenix icon by a local creative? Leave it in the comments section or email Claire.Lawton@newtimes.com
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.