Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 1 p.m.
Since there's really no better accessory than a cocktail in your hand, each week Jackalope Ranch brings you a tasty adult beverage from one of our favorite drinking establishments, complete with recipe. This week: The Manhattan at Feeney's.
While the exact origins of the Manhattan
are subject to debate, we know that it comes from 19th century New York -- and it carries quite a kick. The Manhattan at Feeney's
is no different.
Check your pretension at the door, DO NOT talk about your job, and slow your roll down to 1965-levels -- better yet, get down to 1865 with a slick Manhattan.
(Check out the recipe after the jump ...)
- 2 oz. (well, depending on your bartender) Crown Royal Canadian Whiskey
- .5 oz Sweet Vermouth
- Dash Angostura Bitters
1. Pour ingredients in to a shaker, with ice
2. Shake and let chill for two minutes
3. Strain in to a Martini glass
4. Garnish with a Maraschino cherry
5. Quickly forget about everything that has happened to you in the last 24 hours and argue with a goatee-ed man about college football.