Wednesday, October 19, 2011 at 12:11 p.m.
Organizers are setting up and a handful of speakers are prepping their presentations for tonight's Pecha-Kucha Night Phoenix.
The casual event gives creatives of all disciplines just under 7 minutes to present 20 slides about their ideas and work-in-progess. The fourth Phoenix event, modeled after the original Pecha Kucha community gatherings in Japan, will draw a variety of speakers and audience members to the relaxed (and bar-equipped) FilmBar in downtown Phoenix.
Get the full list of presenters and more details after the jump...
Pecha Kucha organizer Jason Ayers says he hopes to make Pecha Kucha a monthly event where the local community can come together informally and talk about what they're working on.
"Make it more like a salon and less like a lecture," Ayers said. "No bullet points."
- Regular Gallery and Roosevelt Row member Greg Esser will talk about Roosevelt Row and upcoming projects in downtown Phoenix.
- Hugo Medina, a painter and arts community activist, will give a short presentation on local art projects in the works.
- Designer and film fanatic Victor Moreno will discuss the collection of the classic cult film posters he and other local designers have produced for FilmBar, The Royale, and MADCAP theatre.
- Architectural designers Lorenzo Perez and Jon Kitchell of The Venue Project will give a presentation about reuse in design.
- Gangplank Director of Operations Katie Charland will talk about Gangplank's child-oriented technological programs and robotics.
- Sean Sweat will give a presentation on the Valley of the Sunflowers project.
Pecha-Kucha Night Phoenix starts tonight at 6 p.m., and presentations will begin around 6:45 p.m..
The remaining $10 tickets
are limited and can be purchased here.