Top 5 Things to Do This Weekend
Courtesy of Cirque du Soleil
Have a pen? Paper? Um. Something to jot down the following? Okay good.
Here are our top picks for things to do this weekend.
5. Kooza @ University of Phoenix Stadium Clowns and acrobats collide during David Shiner's Cirque du Soleil production of Kooza, the story of a loner's encounters with the outside world through (totally normal) obstacles like a wheel of death and mesmerizingly flexible people.
The bendy bonanza premières at University of Phoenix Stadium on Friday at 8 p.m. Performances continue through July 15. Adult tickets are $35 to $130.
4. Summer Opening Celebration @ Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art The museum will unveil four new exhibitions, including works from Peter Sarkisian, a selection of sculptures from the permanent collection,during its opening party. Also on the evening's agenda are appearances from composer Judd Greenstein, New Catalogue artists, violist Nadia Sirota, and Dulce Dance Company at SMoCA on Friday from 7 to 10 p.m. Admission is free.
3. Spring Bling Pool Party @ The Clarion Hotel Per event organizers, this bash will boast a guest list full of models, pro athletes, and countless skimpily dressed hotties. Suit up for the poolside debauchery taking place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday at The Clarion. Women pay $25; men's tickets cost $50; and cabanas are available to rent starting at $1,500.
2. Fifty Shades of Grey Book Club @ Narcisse Lounge What began as Twilight fan fiction has morphed into its own erotic lit phenomenon. Discuss the best-seller over bubbly during a book club meeting hosted by Fascinations (ha!) at Narcisse Lounge on Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. Admission is $10.
1. Hair & Fashion Show @ Hair Pollution Hair Pollution stylists present cutting-edge 'dos during this annual hair and fashion presentation. Additional revelry will include performers from Captain Willy's Short Notice Circus, booths with local designers, food trucks, and more. Check out the coiffures from 7 to 9 p.m. at Hair Pollution on Sunday. There's no cover but donations are accepted to benefit Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development.
Get the Arts and Theater Newsletter
Weekly information keeping you in the know when it comes to the Phoenix art and theater scene. Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events.