Top 5 Things to Do This Weekend
Looking for ways to fill up your weekend? Here are your five best bets for getting out and about.
5. Child's Play @ FilmBar Before South Park ever skewered redheads, the infamous Chucky doll had already inspired fear of gingers in the hearts and minds of kids who peeked through their fingers while inattentive parents let them watch Child's Play.
4. ConFlagration @ Tempe Mission Palms Chess, LARPing, and everything in between will be played during ConFlagration. Gaming rooms will be open continuously at Tempe Mission Palms from Friday at 2 p.m. through Sunday at 10 p.m. Daily panel discussions will also touch on topics such as RPG writing and painting miniatures. Tickets are $25 at the door.
3. Summer Sidewalk Sale @ Fashion By Robert Black Get your to-die-for vintage duds on during the third annual sidewalk sale at Fashion by Robert Black on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Accessories and clothing will be marked down, along with some dress forms and clothing racks. There's no charge to access the sale, but damn if your wallet won't come in handy.
Take a dip ...
Flickr via Julien Haler
2. Demolition Day @ Alwun House Early birds with a knack for smashing things can get their Hulk on starting at 7 a.m. Saturday at Alwun House. Volunteers will take down the 1209 shack to make way for a soon-to-be Green Art Park.
1. Redneck Pool Party @ TT Roadhouse Kiddie pools full of water will fill up the patio at TT Roadhouse on Sunday. The bar crew will grill up burgers and dogs starting at 1 p.m. while pool-goers will imbibe $1 PBRs and Hamm's. Lest you get too into the theme, don't forget to put sunscreen on during the redneck revelry.
For more things to do, take a gander at our calendar.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.