Top 5 Things to Do This Weekend
Happy Four Twenty, if you're so inclined. There are plenty of things to do and places to party in honor of the greenest of made-up holidays. And, if that's not your cup of tea, scope out our calendar for plenty of other ways to kick back and enjoy the weekend. Either way, here are our top picks for ways to while away the weekend.
5. 420 Fashion Show @ Cadillac Ranch You might thing 4/20 celebrations are all burn-outs and scraggly skaters laughing at nothing and scarfing down high-cal munchies. But you, friend, would be wrong. The honorary day of lighting up gets a little brighter with Triangles and Utility Board Shop's 420 fashion show at 11 p.m. on Friday at Cadillac Ranch. There will be lots of bikinis. There will be drink specials. And there will be no cover for ladies, and dudes pay $5 after 10 p.m. Bam.
4. Splash Bash Pride Kickoff @ Phoenix Place Hotel & Suites Y'all know better than to show up to Pride without a nice summery tan. Luckily when festivities get going on Friday, the fun will go down poolside. Party, swim, and get in a game of volleyball with the guests of honor including male model Ronnie Kroell, American Idol finalist David Hernandez and funny duo Jessica & Hunter from noon to 8 p.m. at Phoenix Place Hotel & Suites. Admission is free before 2 p.m. and $5 after.
The Pedal Craft crew: Jon Ashcroft, Dorina Bustamante, Jonce Walker, Jeremy Stapleton, and Nicole Underwood
3. Pedal Craft PHX @ Kitchen Sink Studios Art meets cycling at Kitchen Sink Studios Friday with a wheelie-centric prints show featuring the works of 27 local graphic designers. The free fete starts at 6 p.m. Friday at . Prints will be available for purchase.
2. T-Shirt Release Party @ Bunky Boutique Things will be all sorts of super-soft and comfy when Bunky Boutique debuts T-shirts designed by the husband and wife duo behind the shop, Rachel and Jim Malloy. DJ Mr. PHX will spin and Giant Coffee will serve up pastries during the free launch party on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Costing $30 to $36, shirts will be available in various styles, including crewnecks, tank tops, and v-neck tunics, and come in an array of colors, like coral, gray, and turquoise.
1. 4:44 Last Day on Earth @ FilmBar Willem Dafoe and Shanyn Leigh star in 4:44, a world-ending drama focused on a couple coping with the inevitable end of the world. See it on Sunday at 6 p.m. at FilmBar. Tickets are $7.
Get the Arts and Theater Newsletter
Weekly information keeping you in the know when it comes to the Phoenix art and theater scene. Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events.