Top 5 Things to Do This Weekend
Flickr via Dance Photographer - Brendan Lally
Looking for ways to fill up your weekend? Here are your five best bets for getting out and about.
5. Birthday Suit Burlesque @ Rips The babes of Burlesque University will unwrap their, er, gifts during the troupe's monthly Birthday Suit performance (this one coincides with head mistress Kitty Victorian's b-day) at Rips Ales & Cocktails.
Things heat up during the titillating 21-and-over performance on Friday at 9 p.m. Rockers Jellied Brainz will play post-cabaret. There is a $6 cover, and doors open at 8.
4. Grand Opening @ Boutique Solie Brand-spankin'-new shop Boutique Solie opens its doors for an evening of fashionable fun on Friday from 7 to 10 p.m. There will be a DJ spinning on the store's second floor, as well as cocktails, snacks, and giveaways. Admission is free.
Is it in you? Just do it. By "it" we mean paint your face.
Flickr via braveheartsports
3. Summer Scene Festival @ Playhouse on the Park Arizona Actors Academy's master class students will perform a collection of single scenes from playwrights including Edward Albee and Neil LaBute at Playhouse on the Park on Saturday at 8 p.m. Admission is $12.
2. Macy's Fashion Show @ W Scottsdale Summery style takes over the W for Macy's Stars, Stripes and Swimsuits fashion show on the wet deck from noon to 4 p.m. There's no cover, but cabanas are available to rent.
1. UEFA Euro Cup 2012 Final Party @ FilmBar Soccer fans sporting their team colors will gather Sunday at FilmBar to watch Italy and Spain kick it out starting at 11:45. There's no charge for admission. Doors open at 11 a.m. Patrons are welcome to bring their own snacks, and drinks specials will be available.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.