Top 5 Things to Do This Weekend
Lizzie Caplan in Queens of Country
Another weekend means another insurmountable list of possibilities when it comes to things to do. Here are our five top picks for how to spend your duo of days off.
5. Phoenix Film Festival @ Harkins Scottsdale 101 With a stellar lineup of more than 160 independent flicks, including shorts, documentaries, foreign, and feature films, Phoenix Film Festival kicked off Thursday night and continues through April 5.
Screenings will take place throughout the weekend at Harkins Scottsdale 101. Tickets to single screenings are $12, and passes of varying inclusiveness range from $35 to $300 with discounts available for students. See more here.
4. L.E.A.P. Performance Showcase @ Mesa Arts Center Dig a dance party? Friday's L.E.A.P. showcase at Mesa Arts Center isn't your typical club bumping bash. Instead the show features more than eight dance companies including CONDER/dance, MarioCo., and Dulce. Pros and auditioned dancers take to the stage at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15. See more here.
Tricking out at the 10th Annual PHX AM Skating Competition. See the full slideshow here.
3. High Frequency @ Club Palazzo R.E.I.G.N. Artist Network presents yet another arts showcase on Friday Club Palazzo from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. This time around, fashion from Bri Bridge, dance troupe Ghazaal Beledi, and works from 14 visual artists will be the event's focus. Admission is $5 in advance and $10 at the door. See details here.
2. Jane Krakowski @ Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts 30 Rock fans will certainly get a kick out of comedic actress and Broadway star Jane Krakowski's cabaret performance on Saturday, as her character on the show has a tendency to break out into song for no particular reason. The award-winning stage performer will take on standards backed by a quartet at 8 p.m at Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets are $59 to $69. See more here.
1. PHX AM @ Desert West Skateboard Plaza Local skaters will show off their tricky treats during the 11th annual PHX AM skateboarding competition Saturday and Sunday at 10 a.m. with awards for the best run and jam and for the best trick. Watch 'em roll out at Desert West Skateboard Plaza. Spectator tickets are $5 each day. And Saturday night there's an afterparty at Yucca Tap Room. Peep all the details here.
Get the Arts & Culture Newsletter
Find out about upcoming performances, exhibitions, openings and special events happening in the Phoenix art and theater scene.
7000 E. Mayo Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85054