Attention science enthusiasts: The second annual Arizona SciTech Festival is dishing out the opportunities to explore the art of science and how it impacts our everyday life through a series of 300 events statewide.
Kicking off February 9, the month-long festival is a collection of innovative events in collaborations supported 350 different local organizations that celebrate the art of science, engineering, and technology around the state.
Since there are so many spectacular events, we've narrowed down a few upcoming calendar markers ...
The agenda of festivities is for more than just for science geeks and elementary school teachers -- the festival offers specific functions that cater to most demographics, personalities, and age groups. Each event is designed to provide viewers and participants with informative and motivational introductions to science in a unique way.
Festival director, Jeremy Barbendure says the idea behind the festival is for audiences to get excited about science and is creating fun ways to become engaged through a variety of educational exercises.
5. The Second Annual Floral Art and Botanical Illustrations Show February 8 at 6 p.m. and March 13 at 6 p.m. Artists from around the valley are invited to this exclusive exhibition to display their portraits of vegetation. The event focuses on every aspect of artistic capability and will provide a learning experience about each unique floral specimen and its beauty. Admission is free and will be held at the West Valley Arts Council.
4. Glendale Science of Chocolate Extravaganza February 8 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. February 9 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. February 10 from noon to 5 p.m. Learn about arts, culture, and social science at one of Arizona SciTech's most anticipated festivals. With free admission, The Glendale Chocolate Affaire, held at Murphy Park in downtown Glendale will turn you on to knowledge with its "sweet" reputation.
3. Scottsdale Science Week February 13 through February 23 (All day) Families and young adults are encouraged to dive into the science of art, baseball, medicine, and more. The 11-day even features a series of different educational events that include The Spring Training Festival, February 16 and 17. This particular event celebrates the American sport and encourages audiences to discover the science of baseball while participating or watching this favorite past time.
2. Geeks' Night Out February 21 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. The ASU Venture Catalyst Geek Week is dedicating the third Thursday on Mill Avenue to Geeks Night out. This event is a celebration of Tempe's "geek" and features memorable events dealing with robots, STEM technology, and NASA. Be sure to check out the entire agenda to Geek Week in addition to this signature event.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. Chandler Science Cafe March 8 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Dive into a few cocktails at the exclusive tell-all happy hour for inquiring scientists. Let your curiosity loose by engaging in conversations with selected science experts at Coach & Willies' NerdBar.
To find out more about additional events during the Arizona SciTech Festival, log on to their website at: http://www.azscitechfest.org/ or follow them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ArizonaSciTech?fref=ts
Follow Jackalope Ranch on Facebook, Twitter and Pintrest.