Bounty Hunter: Buy stuff today, get karma points
This time of year, there's a lot of talk about thinking of others instead of yourself. Whether it's shopping for the perfect holiday present for your sweetie or picking an angel off the Salvation Army tree, there really is something to be said for the joy of giving. Aww, can't you just smell the...holiday spirit??
If you don't want to battle mall crowds to pick up a toy for the Angel tree or school supplies for your office's donation bin, no worries. Shop today at one of 11 downtown businesses and they'll donate 10% of the sale to HandsOn Greater Phoenix, a local charity that works to revitalize neighborhoods through mentoring, serving meals to the homeless and other good works. Bingo! Instant karma points, and all you have to do is buy stuff that's already on your holiday gift list. Now, that's a deal!
Who's in on this "Shop & Share?"
- Retail shops and boutiques include MADE, Bunky Boutique, Chadwick Rueling, Spoken Boutique, the Bead Shop and Conspire, all located within easy walking distance of Roosevelt Row between 3rd and 7th streets.
- The Breadfruit, Roosevelt Tavern, Welcome Diner, Fair Trade Cafe and Nile Cafe are participating, so don't forget to indulge in a little coffee and dinner between shops. 'Cause it's for charity, right??
- The Downtown Phoenix Public Market is also open from 4-10 p.m. tonight, with everything from farm-fresh local cheese to coffee to woven baskets. Cool place to stock up for holiday parties.
Happy holiday hunting!
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- 12 Best Metal Concerts in Metro Phoenix in December 2015
Fri., Dec. 4, 8:00pm
Sat., Dec. 5, 8:00pm
Sun., Dec. 6, 3:00pm
Sun., Dec. 6, 3:00pm
- New Date, Venue Announced for 2016 Pot of Gold Music Festival
- Muse Bassist: Twilight Movies Paved Way for Band's Stateside Success