Music Videos Beavis & Butt-Head Should See
Beavis & Butt-Head makes its triumphant return to MTV on Thursday, October 27 at 10/9c, and quite frankly, we can't wait. This preview of "Holy Cornholio" looks promising, but one thing is missing--music videos! Half the fun of watching Beavis & Butt-Head was listening to the duo's commentary on popular music. Supposedly, Beavis & Butt-Head's return won't include music videos, so we came up of a list of videos from 1998 (one year after the show went off the air), to now that we think the boys should watch.
1998: Savage Garden- Truly Madly Deeply
- Did Darren Hayes wear that jacket when he enteredThe Matrix
? - You better run, he's stalking you. - "Hey, Butt-Head, you should grow sideburns like that." "Shut up, butt munch." - Do girls really fall for crap like this? - This video would be better if it had that chick fromRun, Lola, Run
1999: Goo Goo Dolls- Iris
- "Hey, Butt-Head, that guy totally humped that telescope. Boingoingoingoing." "I bet he uses that to look at chicks." - Obligatory commentary on Nicolas Cage's bad movies. - You shouldn't play in the middle of the street, you could like, get hit by a car or something. - John Rzeznik's voice is cracking. Did he finally start puberty? - How the hell do you pronounce his last name, anyway? It's not nearly as cool as Trent Reznor's name.
2000: Creed- Higher
- Hasn't that guy been arrested a bunch of times? Yeah, he made a sex tape with Kid Rock. - If he shaved his chest, Scott Stapp would look like a girl. What a wuss. - Hey look, it's the groupie from the Kid Rock sex tape! - I think he has something stuck in his throat. What do you mean that's how he really sings?
2001: Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink, and Missy Elliott- Lady Marmalade
-Marry, fuck, kill: uhh wait, there's four of them. Oh, Missy Elliot makes five. -"Hey, Butt-Head, look where she just touched herself! She did it again!" -That guy from Twisted Sister sings like a girl.
2002: Nelly- Hot in Here
-Why does his sweatband keep moving? Is this, like, the official Nelly workout video? -What happened to his face? -Is this the newFriday the 13th
movie? -Any shot of a girl gets a "boingoingoingoing."
2003: Outkast- Roses
-You know what else smells like poo poo? My butt. -Yeah, don't throw papers, you fart knockers! That lady is old... -Is Andre 3000 gonna bust out with some Greased Lightning? -This school looks way cooler than Lawndale.
2004: Kelis- Milkshake
-My bunghole brings all the boys to the yard... -Grinding against the counter is unsanitary. -I wonder if she serves shamrock shakes? -All they serve is milkshakes, ass-shaped bread, and eggs? Drunk people must love going there.
2005: Gwen Stefani- Luxurious
-Isn't she ripping off an Isley Brothers song? -So, laying on the floor and painting your nails makes you rich. -"We should get grills so we can hang out with Gwen Stefani," "No, we should just tell her to get No Doubt back together." -Shouldn't gold watches fall out of those piñatas?
2006: Dragonforce- Through The Fire and Flames
-Is that guy like, Dio's son or something? -Guys stare in awe at crazy guitar then later rock out. End of story.
2007: Rihanna ft. Jay-Z- Umbrella
-Not pictured: Jay-Z getting burned by the sparks. -So, can I hire Rihanna to bring me an umbrella any time it rains? -Is this an homage to that one video with the dude standing there naked? -Sparks make water...we should really pay more attention in science class.
2008: Katy Perry- I Kissed a Girl
-The boys have nothing to say other than, "Come to Butt-Head/This is the greatest video I have ever seen."
2009: Lady Gaga- Bad Romance
-Why is Madonna dressed like Bart Simpson? -If she wants a bad romance so bad, why doesn't she just watchTwilight
? -Lots of looks of combined disgust and confusion.
2010: Insane Clown Posse- Miracles
-Aren't these guys supposed to be gigolos or something? -So, this is what the weird kids at the mall listen to? -Fucking rainbows, man. -You know what else is a miracle? Drive-thrus.
2011: Kanye West- Monster
-We need to interrupt Taylor Swift so we can get groped by a bunch of chicks. -"Oops, I gave them too many drugs." -Pharaohs don't seem like they'd be very good in bed. -Is Jay-Z just randomly listing off names of monsters? What about chupacabras? -Hey, it's that chick whose name is a play off the Spanish word for threesome.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- 9 Best Concerts in Phoenix This Weekend
Fri., Dec. 4, 8:00pm
Sat., Dec. 5, 8:00pm
Sun., Dec. 6, 3:00pm
Sun., Dec. 6, 7:30pm
- Cave Creek's Legendary Buffalo Chip Saloon Destroyed by "Suspicious" Fire
- 16 Places to Drink on Thanksgiving in Phoenix