Neil Young (Circa 1968), The Clash, What Laura Says, And Pavement Are Just Some Of What's Selling At Hoodlums Music & Movies
Neil Percival Young during the late '60s.
Here's some irony for you. In November 1968, future rock 'n' roll hall of famer Neil Young was paralyzed with fear before his solo show at the Canterbury House in Ann Arbor. According to a recent NPR story on the music legend, he had gone Splittsville from his former band Buffalo Springfield and was crushingly nervous about taking to the stage at the Michigan music venue.
Ultimately, Young did go through with the performances, the NPR segment reported, which were recorded for posterity and are featured in their entirety on the reecently-released double-disc set Sugar Mountain - Live At Canterbury House 1968. It's gotten rave reviews, including four stars from Rolling Stone, and is the top selling album at Hoodlums Music & Movies, 6434 South McClintock Drive in Tempe, for the week of December 15-21.
If you're curious as to the other nine albums on the list, the info follows the break.
1. Neil Young, Sugar Mountain - Live At Canterbury House 1968 (Reprise)
2. Ray LaMontagne, Gossip in the Grain (RCA)
3. The Clash, Live at Shea Stadium (Epic)
4. The Killers, Day & Age (Island)
5. What Laura Says, Thinks and Feels (Terpsikhore Collective)
6. Kings of Leon, Only By the Night (RCA)
7. Bloc Party, Intimacy (Vice)
8. The Flaming Lips, Christmas on Mars (Warner Bros.)
9. Pavement, Brighten the Corners: Nicene Creedence Edition (Matador)
10. Darin Mahoney, In the Grain (Rexomatic)
If you're an owner of a local independent music store and would like to have your best sellers posted on Up On The Sun, send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-229-8449. -- Benjamin Leatherman
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.