Nick Jonas & The Administration and Other New Releases
If there's any teeny bopper performer who really stands out for having musical chops these days, it's Nick Jonas, the youngest JoBro--and also the cutest.
The 17-year-old Virgo writes much of the Jonas Brothers' music and is the bonafide leader of the group, sort of like the president of his siblings' musical careers. So, it's fitting his new band is "the administration" to his presidential-like role, writing melodies and lyrics that are more John Mayer-like than Jonas Brothers-esque.
Nick Jonas & The Administration's debut album, Who I Am, is much more guitar-heavy than what we're used to from the youngest Jonas, who seems to be following in Mayer's footsteps having penned an album about love, heartbreak and fame. And don't worry--there's more Nick love to go around, since he insists the Jonas Brothers are not breaking up.
Here's what else is being released today...
• Rob Zombie, Hellbilly Deluxe 2
• BT, These Hopeful Machines
• Lil' Wayne, Rebirth
• Midlake, Courage of Others
• Various artists, Dear John: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
• The Soft Pack, The Soft Pack
• Vederea, Stages
• Karan Casey and John Doyle, Exiles Return
• Charred Walls of the Damned, Charred Walls of the Damned
• Nneka, Concrete Jungle
• Christina Aguilera, Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of HIts
• Monolake, Silence
• Dommin, Love Is Gone
• Styles P & DJ Green Lantern, The Green Ghost Project
• Statik Selektah, 100 Proof: The Hangover
• Priestess, Prior to the Fire
• Skepsis, Through the Eyes of the Dead
• Shining, Blackjazz
• Freedom Call, Legend of the Shadow King
• Him, Heartkiller
• Lostprophets, Betrayed
• Wakey!Wakey, Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said the Last Time I Saw You
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- Heritage Hump Day: Otto D - "Why Should I Care"
Fri., Dec. 4, 7:30pm
Fri., Dec. 4, 8:00pm
Sat., Dec. 5, 8:00pm
Sun., Dec. 6, 3:00pm
- Rising Sun Daughter's Grace Rolland Had to Leave the Desert to Appreciate It
- Phoenix Singer-Songwriter Cait Brennan Thrives in the Face of Adversity