Que Se Vende: Las Korajudas Discoteca Top 5 Selling Albums of the Week
Want to know what new release discs and platters are moving across the Valley at local record stores? We've got you covered with another installment of What's Selling.
Corridos and rancheras have a long history of storytelling, dance-inducing beats and violence.
Its been 19 years since the legendary Chalino Sanchez was nearly gunned down during a performance at a club in Coachella, California in 1992. He was shot in the side, but was able to pop off a few rounds of his own that night.
Sanchez survived that shooting but died mysteriously later that same year. As we approach the 20th anniversary of the Coachella shooting, Chalino's music continues to dominate sales at local discotecas like Las Korajudas in downtown Phoenix. Follow the jump for a sound sample and scope out which other artists are in demand.
1. Chalino Sanchez - Con Los Amables Del Norte
Chalino was just 31-years-old when he died, but in the short time he was around his sound quickly moved out of L.A. nightclubs and into mainstream popularity.
2. Movimiento Alterado - Grandes Exitos
A "greatest hits" album, this compilation features artists like, El Komander, Los Buitres de Culiacan and El RM.
3. Los Alegres Del Barranco - Valor Y Suerte Del Chapo
An album with 22 songs dedicated to one of Mexico's most wanted fugitives, "El Chapo" Guzman.
4. Tito Y Su Torbellino - Fueron Valientes
5. Martin Castillo - Seguimos De Frente
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- Heritage Hump Day: Otto D - "Why Should I Care"
Fri., Dec. 4, 7:30pm
Fri., Dec. 4, 8:00pm
Sat., Dec. 5, 8:00pm
Sun., Dec. 6, 3:00pm
- Rising Sun Daughter's Grace Rolland Had to Leave the Desert to Appreciate It
- Phoenix Singer-Songwriter Cait Brennan Thrives in the Face of Adversity