Seven Terrible First Pitches by Otherwise Coordinated Pop Stars
Ahhh, the ceremonial first pitch of a baseball game. When it's done right, nobody in the stands pays you any attention. When you screw it up, you're on YouTube forever. Often celebrities are chosen to uphold this grand tradition, and often -- most recently Carly Rae Jepsen -- they fail spectacularly.
To the musicians out there who can actually throw a baseball, we tip our cap to you. To those who can't -- well, we compiled this list of your worst ceremonial first pitches ever. Enjoy.
7. Lil Jon The rapper, or hip-hop impresario, or . . . something clearly wanted to avoid embarrassment by just getting it to home plate. Instead, Lil Jon threw a moon shot way too high and way too outside.
6. Nikki Sixx It might surprise you that the man behind Mötley Crüe's odes to manliness throws like the man behind layers and layers of elaborate stage makeup.
4. Justin Bieber That delivery should make you cringe. And why is he checking to see if there is a runner on second?
3. Mariah Carey There is no reason for her to be wearing six-inch heels. Then again, there isn't much reason for her to be throwing this first pitch, either.
2.Carly Rae Jepson No baseball or softball team will be calling her anytime soon.
1. Jessica Jung Girls Generation should never be allowed to touch a baseball again. On the bright side, she still has a better delivery than Justin Bieber. (And the mascots seem prepared for this eventuality.)
Look: We understand that throwing out a first pitch can be difficult and a lot of pressure to handle. So let's end on an ode to the "ceremonial first pitch thrower-outer."
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- 9 Best Concerts in Phoenix This Weekend
Fri., Dec. 4, 7:30pm
Fri., Dec. 4, 8:00pm
Sat., Dec. 5, 8:00pm
Sun., Dec. 6, 3:00pm
- Cave Creek's Legendary Buffalo Chip Saloon Destroyed by "Suspicious" Fire
- 16 Places to Drink on Thanksgiving in Phoenix