Ahhh, the ceremonial first pitch of a baseball game. When it's done right, nobody in the stands pays you any attention. When you screw it up, you're on YouTube forever. Often celebrities are chosen to uphold this grand tradition, and often -- most recently Carly Rae Jepsen -- they fail spectacularly.
To the musicians out there who can actually throw a baseball, we tip our cap to you. To those who can't -- well, we compiled this list of your worst ceremonial first pitches ever. Enjoy.
7. Lil Jon The rapper, or hip-hop impresario, or . . . something clearly wanted to avoid embarrassment by just getting it to home plate. Instead, Lil Jon threw a moon shot way too high and way too outside.
6. Nikki Sixx It might surprise you that the man behind Mötley Crüe's odes to manliness throws like the man behind layers and layers of elaborate stage makeup.
4. Justin Bieber That delivery should make you cringe. And why is he checking to see if there is a runner on second?
3. Mariah Carey There is no reason for her to be wearing six-inch heels. Then again, there isn't much reason for her to be throwing this first pitch, either.
2.Carly Rae Jepson No baseball or softball team will be calling her anytime soon.
1. Jessica Jung Girls Generation should never be allowed to touch a baseball again. On the bright side, she still has a better delivery than Justin Bieber. (And the mascots seem prepared for this eventuality.)
Look: We understand that throwing out a first pitch can be difficult and a lot of pressure to handle. So let's end on an ode to the "ceremonial first pitch thrower-outer."
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!