The National Stream From New York Times
The Old Gray Lady is getting a little bit hipstery today. The New York Times is streaming The National's newest record, High Violet, here.
It's the first time the paper has streamed a record. The multimedia is paired with a feature from the Times' magazine which comes out Saturday.
A few things that seemed notable about this to me:
1. You can't tell from that link, but the Times has created a super col URL shortener for it's own use. That link is http://nyti.ms/asXAbF. Expect this to become the industry standard within months. It makes sense for newspapers to protect and brand their content in such a way.
2. Is The National really interesting enough to run a full feature in the Times magazine on? I have my doubts about the Cincinnati transplants, though I generally regard them as a pretty solid group. Still, people have expectations for those stories...
3. High Violet better be good to earn such an honor from the best newspaper in the world.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.
More Music News
- Heritage Hump Day: Otto D - "Why Should I Care"
Fri., Dec. 4, 7:30pm
Fri., Dec. 4, 8:00pm
Sat., Dec. 5, 8:00pm
Sun., Dec. 6, 3:00pm
- Rising Sun Daughter's Grace Rolland Had to Leave the Desert to Appreciate It
- Phoenix Singer-Songwriter Cait Brennan Thrives in the Face of Adversity