Valley Electro-Pop Band Mr. Meeble Offers Free Music and Beer at Video Shoot
Free kegs of beer. Need we say more?
Well, if we must, let's just say that Phoenix electro-pop trio Mr. Meeble is shooting a live video this weekend, and not only is the show free, but the beer is, too.
In addition to the robo-dance sounds of Mr. Meeble, show-goers will be treated to hip-hop and electro mash-ups courtesy of DJs Epidemic and Bigie, with lyrical flows from MC Chauncey. The band will have a video production crew on hand, but asks audience members to bring their own cameras and camcorders. If Mr. Meeble uses your footage, you'll get credit in the final video, which is set to be released on DVD this spring.
If free music and beer doesn't sound like enough fun, here are ten suggestions of crazy things you can do on camera to liven up the Mr. Meeble video shoot:
1. Wear your pajamas in tribute to another Valley electro-pop band, Peachcake.
2. Wrap yourself in Saran-Wrap and silver Christmas tinsel.
3. Dress in bad drag, with big, exaggerated lips and six-inch eyelashes, to capture a Jon Waters aesthetic.
4. Hump EVERYTHING.
5. Smear peanut butter all over your bare chest, a la Iggy Pop.
6. Dance with an inflatable doll.
7. Shoot footage of nothing but butts.
8. Bring a dog (or find a stray) and get it drunk with a beer bong.
9. Toilet paper EVERYTHING.
10. Do perverted things with life-size cardboard cut-outs of Shaquille O'Neal and James Dean.
Or, just watch this video for Mr. Meeble's "Cultivation of the Imagination" to see what they came up with on their own:
The Mr. Meeble video shoot show takes place Saturday, January 17, at
the PHiX Gallery. Doors open at 9 p.m., and admission is free.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.