What's Spinning: The Blaze 1330 AM, Arizona State's Student Radio Station
Let me start this post by doing the professional thing and making a big ol' disclosure: I work in management at ASU's student radio station, The Blaze.
Whew. OK, now I'll continue: Now, the Blaze was named the Best Radio Station for Local Music by the Phoenix New Times for the second year in a row, and as their annual Guest DJ Week is from March 22 - 26 this year, it seems like a great time to check out what's spinning on the AM dial.
The Strokes' Julian Casablancas' solo album is on top this week, and local compilation Sounds from the Basement as well as Leonard Cohen, and fun. all made the cut.
See the entire Top 10 list after the jump...
Station manager Bri Valdivia is digging the new Casablancas record as much as other station DJs.
"The new Julian Casablancas album is great," he says. "We had a listening party at The Blaze when it first came out. People who hadn't heard much of his music liked the album, and people familiar with his work were pleasantly surprised with some of the new elements he introduced."
1. Julian Casablancas - Phrazes for the Young
2. Flight of the Conchords - I Told You I Was Freaky
3. Arctic Monkeys - Humbug
4. The Flaming Lips - Embryonic
5. Various Artists - Sounds from the Basement, Vol. 1
6. Leonard Cohen - Live at the Isle of Wight 1970
7. fun. - Aim and Ignite
8. Grand Archives - Keep in Mind Frankenstein
9. Various Artists - Music from Ireland: CMJ '09
10. Jay Farrar and Benjamin Gibbard - One Fast Move or I'm Gone: Music from Kerouac's Big Sur
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.