10 Realistic City Mottos for Phoenix Suburbs
Well, at least upscale Scottsdale had a western parade.
Cities like to make up their own municipal mottoes, like tony Scottsdale, which calls itself: "The West's Most Western Town."
We decided to take 10 Phoenix suburbs and give them more realistic monikers. Here we go:
10. Apache Junction: "Arizona's largest trailer park."
9. Mesa: "We just say we're from Phoenix."
8. Paradise Valley: "Rich people live here."
7. Glendale: "We don't have our act together."
6. Peoria: "Hey, at least it ain't Glendale."
5. Scottsdale: "Park your BMW between the other two."
4. Tempe: "The temporary home of thousands of blackout-drunk college students."
3. Buckeye: "The beginning of the end of civilization."
2. Gilbert: " Mormon capital."
1. Sun City/Sun City West: "Old people live here."
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.