10 Realistic City Mottos for Phoenix Suburbs
Well, at least upscale Scottsdale had a western parade.
Cities like to make up their own municipal mottoes, like tony Scottsdale, which calls itself: "The West's Most Western Town."
We decided to take 10 Phoenix suburbs and give them more realistic monikers. Here we go:
10. Apache Junction: "Arizona's largest trailer park."
9. Mesa: "We just say we're from Phoenix."
8. Paradise Valley: "Rich people live here."
7. Glendale: "We don't have our act together."
6. Peoria: "Hey, at least it ain't Glendale."
5. Scottsdale: "Park your BMW between the other two."
4. Tempe: "The temporary home of thousands of blackout-drunk college students."
3. Buckeye: "The beginning of the end of civilization."
2. Gilbert: " Mormon capital."
1. Sun City/Sun City West: "Old people live here."
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.