10 Types of Arizona Democrats
If there were a field guide to spotting members of a political party, the Arizona Democrat would be listed as a "rare bird."
Still, there are some identifiable types of Democrats from here, as observed in their natural habitats. Check out our run-down of 10 types of Arizona Dems:
-10 Types of Arizona Republicans
10.) The Pot-Smokin' Hippie
- Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that.
- "Dude . . ."
- Patchouli scent.
- Political beliefs consist of, "Republicans suck."
- Does not appear to have own beliefs.
- Doesn't seem concerned about issues, just how stupid Republicans are.
- Most sentences start with, "Wouldn't it be cool if we could all . . ."
- No sarcasm can be detected when they call President Obama "center-right."
- Is actually down with sharing.
- Wears short-shorts, but swears it's the Republicans who are uncool.
- Is the Democratic equivalent of the frat boy.
- Was pulling for Hillary in '08.
- The most common one-issue Democrat around here.
- Could probably pass for Republican, if not for resistance to local immigrant-haters.
- Not always undocumented immigrants, despite belief of local immigrant-haters.
- Speaks like a script to an MSNBC show.
- Actually does repeat lines from MSNBC shows.
- Still blames everything on George W. Bush.
- After being exposed to hardcore teabaggers, now assumes he or she is a Democrat.
- As the name implies, this person identifies with more Republican ideals.
- May call self a "moderate Democrat."
- Tries to prove points by sleeping in public.
- Does not know the points he or she is trying to prove.
- "Mic check."
- Also known as the pseudo-environmentalist.
- Is "green," in the sense that "green" is a fashion statement to keep up with the Joneses.
- Probably tosses cigarette butts out of the window of that Prius.
- Most common type of Arizona Democrat.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.