15 Things Bernie Sanders Said At His Phoenix Rally That Made The Crowd Go Nuts
If you missed Bernie Sanders' rally in Phoenix Tuesday night, just know one thing: The crowd could not stop applauding and cheering for their candidate.
Sanders talked for more than an hour, touching on all of his favorite topics, like income inequality, reforming the criminal justice and immigration systems, and guaranteeing certain "inalienable" rights like healthcare and paid family leave to all Americans.
While everything he said elicited support from the crowd, some comments made the room go totally and insanely nuts.
Here are the top 15 quotes from his Phoenix rally:
15. “What this campaign is about is asking the American people to think outside of the box, think outside of the status quo ... This campaign is about the incredible energy of hundreds of thousands of people that love this country and know we can do so much better.”
14. “The grotesque income inequality in this country is not only unsustainable, it’s un-American.”
13. “The wealthiest family in this country is the Waltons who own Walmart … I say to the Waltons, ‘Get off welfare, pay your workers fairly.’”
12. “I know that every man in this room will stand with the women in this room in the fight for [pay] equality.”
11. “To my mind, democracy is not complicated: It’s one person, one vote … Together we are going to overturn this disastrous Citizens United.”
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.