30 List Ideas That Somehow Didn't Make It Past Phoenix New Times Editors
Brian A Jackson/Shutterstock
It's probably safe to say that 2015 was the year of the listicle — for those not in the know, list + article = listicle.
From the top 10 times John McCain was mocked on late night TV to the 10 biggest revelations in Joe Arpaio's contempt trial, we've covered it all.
Sadly, not all of our listicle suggestions were approved by New Times' editors.
Case in point, these 30 ideas:
1) Top 1,000 Places to Score a Gun in Phoenix, No Questions Asked
2) Top 10 All-Night Diners for After You're Bailed Out
Alan Levine/Creative Commons
3) Top 1 Bookstore in Phoenix
4) Top 300 Filibertos in the Valley
5) Top 50 Places to See Tweakers in Their Habitat
6) Top 10 Nightclubs for STDs in Scottsdale
7) Top 10 Arizona Restaurants for Your Post-Colonoscopy Meal
8) Top 20 Prosecutors Who Could've Nailed Joe Arpaio but Wussed Out
9) Top 10 things Doug Ducey Probably Has Up His Ass
10) Top 10 Hikes Most Likely to Include a Helicopter Ride.
11) Top 10 Explanations for the Mysterious Disappearance of the Hohokam (Number 1: "It's hot! Let's freakin' leave.")
12) Top 50 Places to Get Mauled by Pitbulls.
13) Top 1,000 Neighborhoods Where People Have No Clue Who Their Neighbors Are
14) Top 40,000 University of Phoenix Students Who Wonder, "What the Hell?!"
15) Top 200 Vacuous Kyrsten Sinema Do-Gooder Social Media Posts
16) Top 50 Corporate Welfare Recipients in Arizona
17) Top 10 Convenience Store Panhandler Gauntlets
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.