Arizona Cardinals 2010 Schedule Includes Christmas-Day Home Game Against Dallas Cowboys
The NFL revealed the Arizona Cardinals 2010 schedule this morning, and not only will the Cards host a Monday night game in Glendale this Kurt Warner-less season, Jesus will have a little competition for a fan-base on Christmas Day.
The Cards will host a somewhat-rare Christmas Day game against the Dallas Cowboys this year.
Christmas Day games aren't annual occurrences, like the league's traditional, Thanksgiving games, but are played if Christmas happens to fall on a day when the NFL regularly holds games, which it does this year.
The Cards start their season on the road with games in Atlanta and St. Louis.
The Redbirds hold their home opener on September 26 against the Oakland Raiders.
By our analysis, the Cards have a much easier schedule than last year -- that is, if they can muster a win against the 49ers, of course.
There's no Green Bay Packers on the schedule, no Indianapolis Colts, and no New York Giants (not that the G-Men would be much of a threat this year, anyway).
The Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints, who beat the Cards in the playoffs last year, the Minnesota Vikings, and the San Diego Chargers seem to be the toughest games we spotted on the sked.
Check out the Cards' full schedule after the jump.
- Sept. 12 at St. Louis Rams
- Sept. 19 at Atlanta Falcons
- Sept. 26 Oakland Raiders
- Oct. 3 at San Diego Chargers
- Oct. 10 New Orleans Saints
- Oct. 24 at Seattle Seahawks
- Oct. 31 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Nov. 7 at Minnesota Vikings
- Nov. 14 Seattle Seahawks
- Nov. 21 at Kansas City Chiefs
- Nov. 29 San Francisco 49ers
- Dec. 5 St. Louis Rams
- Dec. 12 Denver Broncos
- Dec. 19 at Carolina Panthers
- Dec. 25 Dallas Cowboys
- Jan. 2 at San Francisco 49ers
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.
- Inmates Accuse Arizona of Experimenting with Lethal-Injection Drugs
- 10 Things Arizonans Hate About Snowbirds
- Scottsdale Couple Are Pioneers in Tiny-Home Movement in Arizona