Arizona Public-Opinion Poll Results That Probably Shouldn't Be Presented As Facts
If you've ever wanted to start an argument based off nothing but the opinions of 743 random Arizona voters, we've got some material for you.
Public Policy Polling often releases "Odds and Ends" surveys along with its political polls, asking voters about some off-the-wall things like whether they approve of God's job performance, or if President Obama would get past St. Peter if the Rapture comes.
Of course, the answers to all of these questions are tied to personal attributions or political beliefs -- which can lead to some interesting interpretations of public opinion, as we've done with today's survey results of Arizona voters from Public Policy Polling.
For example, most people in Arizona who don't like Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow are Democrats.
Check out our list of some of Arizona's public opinions that can be deduced from today's survey, and should probably never be mentioned in public:
- Seven percent of voters either voted third-party or forget who they voted for in the 2008 presidential election
- People who voted for John McCain in 2008 have a higher approval rating of Senator Jon Kyl than they do of... McCain
- Eleven percent of self-proclaimed "very liberal" voters have an "unfavorable view" of Gabrielle Giffords
- Moderates are the only ones opposed to the hiring of Arizona State University football coach Todd Graham
- Not a single Hispanic person opposes the hiring of Rich Rodriguez as the University of Arizona's football coach
- Men approve of Governor Jan Brewer more than women do
- Men prefer Arizona State University to the University of Arizona (women opt for the opposite)
- More Republicans like ASU, and more Democrats like the University of Arizona
- Nearly half of Arizonans aren't a fan of either school
- Independents are by far either the most clueless or indecisive about sports questions
- Democrats like New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin more than Republicans
- Young people (18-29) approve of McCain more than old people (65+)
- The younger people are, the less they like Tebow
Click here for the full results of the Public Policy Polling survey.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.