Cinco de Mayo Weekend DUI Patrols: Phoenix, Glendale, Tempe, and More
Drunk driving is bad.
With that out of the way, here's where police will be setting up "saturation patrols" around the Valley, looking for impaired drivers this weekend:
- Friday, May 2, to Monday, May 5: Phoenix police will be having patrols from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. in five different areas.
- Friday, May 2 and Saturday, May 3: The West Valley DUI Task Force will be in Avondale on Friday, and Glendale on Saturday, starting at 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 2 to Monday, May 5: The East Valley DUI Task Force will be in Tempe all weekend, except for on Cinco de Mayo, when it's heading to the Mesa/Tempe border.
- Friday, May 2 to Monday, May 5: The Salt River Police Department will post up around its usual location, on the reservation's border with Scottsdale, all weekend:
Send feedback and tips to the author.
Follow Matthew Hendley on Twitter at @MatthewHendley.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.
- Recent I-10 Shootings Bring Back Bad Memories of Serial Snipers
Sat., Sep. 12, 6:00pm
Sat., Sep. 12, 8:00pm
Sun., Sep. 13, 1:05pm
Mon., Sep. 14, 6:40pm
- Arizona Medical-Marijuana Patients Can Now Buy Cannabis Legally in Las Vegas and Reno
- Arpaio Begs for Money While His Lawyers Make Bank in Melendres