Pollsters say Sheriff Joe Arpaio's job-approval rating is 37 percent.
Although that seems extraordinarily high, it's the lowest rating the Behavior Research Center has found for Arpaio since it began polling on the subject in 1996.
Back in April '96, about 73 percent of people thought Arpaio was doing a good job, and just 5 percent said he was doing a poor job.
Now, 37 percent say he's doing "good" or "excellent," while 42 percent say he's doing poorly or very poorly.
If you guessed old people, white people, and Republicans had generally favorable views of Arpaio, you'd be correct.
Every other group, including Latinos, other non-white people, Independents, Democrats, middle-aged people, and young people, all had unfavorable views of Arpaio, according to the poll results (which can be seen here).
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Arpaio's press team responded on Arpaio's Twitter account with, "My wife of 57 yrs, Ava, still gives me a 100% approval rating," which gave us the urge to vomit in our mouths.
See the links below for possible explanations of "Nickel Bag Joe's" approval rating, just from the last few months:
- Arpaio Fires Up Hispanic-Hunting Raids, Going After the Smallest Fish He Can Find
- Joe Arpaio Needs a Court-Appointed Babysitter in Racial-Profiling Case
- Joe Arpaio's White Crosses: Where Are the Ones for Joe's Victims?
- 10 Most Bogus "Death Threats" Against Joe Arpaio
- Joe Arpaio Celebrating the 20th Birthday of His "Concentration Camp," Tent City
- Judge Snow's Decision Damns Not Just Arpaio, but All of Maricopa County
- Joe Arpaio-Fave Danny's Family Car Wash Raided by ICE (w/Updates)
- Joe Arpaio Supporter, Minuteman Chris Simcox, Charged w/Child Molestation