John McCain and Company's Immigration Proposal: Yay or Nay
Some U.S. Senators from both parties have decided that they've figured out the immigration thing.
The proposal, as explained, has a bunch of points, with the main one being that 11 million or so illegal immigrants will have a pathway to citizenship.
-Jan Brewer Releases Steaming Depends-Load of Hypocrisy on Immigration Reform
-John McCain, Fellow Republicans, Scurry Like Rats To Embrace Immigration Reform
-John McCain on Why GOP Will Support Immigration Reform: Hispanic Votes
The current proposal's spread out over five pages of bullet points, and we'll give you some bullet points of those bullet points:
- "Securing our borders"
- Tons of ifs, ands, as well as buts
- A pathway to citizenship for millions.
- A lot of paperwork and waiting.
- If you're a DREAMer, it's easier. That's one of the many ifs.
- Something that's like E-Verify but isn't E-Verify.
- We got it: It's Reagan Amnesty (careful with the a-word) 2.0
Long story short, it's a concession that Nickel-Bag Joe-ing five illegals at a time ain't gonna fix the country's immigration situation, and it proposes granting a pathway to citizenship for 11 million-ish illegal immigrants.
Does that sound like a good idea to you?
Cast your vote below:
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.
- Mesa Cops Enrage Transgender Activists by Misgendering Police Shooting Victim
Wed., Feb. 10, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 11, 8:00am
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:00pm
- Mesa Police Kill Woman During Asperger Meltdown
- Troublemaking Teens Busted in Tempe Car Shootings