Labor Day Weekend DUI Patrols: Phoenix, East Valley, West Valley, and Much More
Drunk driving is bad.
With that out of the way, here's where police will be setting up "saturation patrols" around the Valley, looking for impaired drivers this weekend:
- Friday, August 29 to Monday, September 1: Phoenix police will have "saturation patrols" based on six different areas around the city.
- Friday, August 29 to Monday, September 1: The East Valley DUI Task Force will be in Tempe on Friday and Saturday, and Scottsdale on Sunday and Monday.
- Saturday, August 30: The West Valley DUI Task Force will have its command center in Peoria. Peoria PD will be running its own DUI patrols throughout the weekend. The only description given was the "Peoria area."
- Friday, August 29 and Saturday, August 30: Chandler PD will have its own DUI task force out.
- Friday, August 29 to Sunday, August 31: Mesa PD will have DUI saturation patrols, with a different location listed for each day.
- Wednesday, August 27 to Monday, September 1: Salt River police will be patrolling near the reservation's border with Scottsdale.
- Outside of the Phoenix area, the following cities and areas will be having DUI operations: Casa Grande, Apache Junction, Tucson, White Mountains area, Flagstaff, Sierra Vista, Prescott and Prescott Valley, Verde Valley, Cottonwood, Safford, Thatcher, Kingman, Morenci, Duncan, Parker, Santa Cruz County, Payson, Globe, Roosevelt, Benson, Bullhead City, Florence, Jerome, Lake Havasu City, Nogales, Sahuarita, San Luis, Sedona, Somerton, South Tucson, Springerville, and Williams. In other words, everywhere.
- UPDATE 7:45 a.m.: The Arizona Department of Public Safety says Highway Patrol will have "designated speed details focusing on known criminal speeding locations." No locations were given, other than "metro Phoenix."
Follow Valley Fever on Twitter at @ValleyFeverPHX.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.