Maricopa Teen Huffs Co2 in Wal-Mart. Found Passed Out in Sporting Goods Section
Huffing Co2 gets you high -- and guess where you can find more Co2 canisters than you could "huff" in a lifetime? Wal-Mart -- which is apparently where a Maricopa teen went to get his fix before passing out while still in the store.
Police in Maricopa say the unidentified teen went into the Wal-Mart, found the Co2 canisters and got to huffin' -- inside the store. He was found passed out in the sporting goods section by a store employee a few minutes later.
Co2 canisters are used for a lot of things, namely, air pressurized pellet guns. People -- often times teens -- use them to get high, too. They're easy for kids to get their hands on and, when inhaled, can make a person feel a little spacey. Simultaneously, they kill millions of brain cells in one, foul-tasting blast. It's a lot like doing a whip-it: stupid.
The teen apparently got real spacey and decided to take a nap in the sporting goods section.
The store employee called police, but the kid woke up and ran out of the store before police got there. He hasn't been found.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.