Memorial Day Weekend DUI Patrols: Phoenix, Peoria, Mesa, Tempe, and More
Drunk driving is bad.
With that out of the way, here's where one police department will be setting up a sobriety checkpoint and other departments will be operating "saturation patrols" around the Valley, looking for impaired drivers this weekend:
- Friday, May 23 to Monday, May 26: Phoenix police will have saturation patrols in several areas around the city, from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Sunday, May 25 and Monday, May 26: On Monday, Mesa police will have an actual sobriety checkpoint from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Redmont Road and Power Drive, just south of Bush Highway. On Sunday, they'll have "saturation patrols" in that same area.
- Friday, May 23 to Monday, May 26: The East Valley DUI Task Force will be in Gilbert on Friday, and in Tempe on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Saturday: McKellips & Miller
Sunday: University & Dorsey
Monday: Mill Avenue:
- Friday, May 23 to Monday, May 26: The West Valley DUI Task Force will be in Peoria from 6 p.m. to 4 a.m. all weekend. Peoria police identified the patrols as being located "around the city."
- Friday, May 23 to Monday, May 26: Salt River police will have DUI patrols around the Walmart on the reservation's border with Scottsdale.
- Friday, May 23, Sunday, May 25, and Monday, May 26: The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and a couple other agencies will be in Queen Creek on Friday, and around the Salt River on Sunday and Monday.
Sunday and Monday: Salt River
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Phoenix, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.