Morning Poll: Will ASU Alum Phil Mickelson EVER Become Number One Golfer in the World?
ASU alum Phil Mickelson has a shot -- yet again -- to become the number-one golfer in the world this weekend, depending on how well he does at the U.S. Open in Pebble Beach, California.
In addition to Phil playing well, Tiger Woods needs to suck in order for Phil to get his name to the top of the PGA golf rankings.
As we reported yesterday, a few things can happen for "Lefty" to get top honors:
* Woods must finish out of the top four and Phil must place second.
* Tiger must finish out of the top 18 and Phil places third.
* Tiger must miss the cut (which is unlikely) and Phil needs to tie for third or better.
Since Mickelson's choke-artistry is nearly as legendary as his four major championships, we want to know what you think: Will Mickelson ever be ranked top golfer in the world.
Vote -- and see the results of yesterday's poll -- below.
-10 percent say yes.
-90 percent say no.
Here is your morning poll:
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.
- Metro Phoenix Labor Day Weekend DUI Checkpoints
Sat., Sep. 12, 6:00pm
Sat., Sep. 12, 8:00pm
Sun., Sep. 13, 1:05pm
Mon., Sep. 14, 6:40pm
- Southwest Cannabis Conference Coming to Phoenix Next Month
- Mentally Ill Teen Who Killed Middle-Age Lover Takes Second-Degree Murder Plea Deal