NFL Playoffs: Somehow, We Were Perfect Last Week. Here's This Week's Picks
We make it a practice (once) every year of making the trek to Vegas and donating money to the "cause," that is, those poor casinos, by wagering on all manner of sporting events.
Unfortunately, we were not up there last week to put down our hard-earned shekels on the four National Football League wildcard games.
Unfortunate because we picked all four correctly, including the Arizona Cardinals' classic 51-45 win over Green Bay, a game in which the fella to the left (Mr. Warner) threw more touchdown passes (five) than incompletions (four).
We even nailed all of the over-unders right, which obviously (if you knew us) was more guesswork than anything else.
So, let's do it again, shall we?
We are tempted to call our pal, who uses a bookie (or maybe it's the other way around) to satisfy his betting jones, but, nawwww.....a surefire loser if we put any real money down on this shit.
The four games:
1. Arizona at New Orleans: Sorry, locals, don't shoot us. The Saints are going to march into the NFC Championship game in a tight one, 31-28.
2. Baltimore Ravens at Indianapolis Colts: Relatively low-scoring battle (arent't they all, after last week's monster out in Glendale), with Colts moving onto the next round, 24-14.
3. Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings: Don't have much of a clue how this one will wind up. Cowboys have killer D, Vikings have Favre. Let's flip a coin--Vikings prevail, 21-17.
4. New York Jets at San Diego Chargers: We put down $10 months ago on the Chargers to win the Super Bowl, and have seen nothing to persuade us otherwise. Jets' nice run ends, 28-14.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.
- McCain Thrilled About Clean Water Act Injunction, but Critics Say He’s Just Playing...
Fri., Sep. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Sep. 11, 7:00pm
Sat., Sep. 12, 6:00pm
Sat., Sep. 12, 8:00pm
- Transgender Woman Barred From Tempe Mosque Unless She Dresses as a Man or Can "Prove"...
- Domestic Violence Victim Threatened with Eviction for Calling 911 Sues City